Cultivating a grateful heart isn’t always an easy task. Life is hard. It crashes into us in waves of both good and bad. When all is good, it’s a little easier, but we all know that when life hurts, being thankful doesn’t come naturally.
Thankfully, we have the Word of God to help us, though! Today, I’ve created 10 of my favorite Bible verses for the grateful heart.
But you know what?
When it doesn’t come naturally is when we most need to dig in and intentionally keep our gratitude alive!
Because gratitude is a fierce weapon!
It’s a weapon against what the enemy wants to use to destroy us. He wants us to give in and give up, sinking into hopelessness.
But if we keep noticing the good. If we keep looking toward the divine Redeemer, our hope will never be consumed by hopelessness.If we keep #noticingthegood-looking toward our #divineRedeemer,our #hope will remain strong #GratefulHeart @spreadtheshine Click To Tweet
A few days ago, as part of our Grateful Heart Series, I gave you 10 Practical Ways to Cultivate Gratitude in Your Home. You can find that post here or here. As my final post in this series, I want to give you what I consider the best ammunition for your weapon of gratitude.
10 Memorable Bible Verses for the Grateful Heart
1. The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. -Lamentations 3:23-24 (NLT)
2. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. -Colossians 3:15-17(ESV)
3. See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. -1 Thessalonians 5:15-18(ESV)
4. First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. -1 Timothy 2:1-4(ESV)
5. Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. -James 1:2-4(ESV)
6. So don’t be misled, my dear brothers and sisters. Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. -James 1:16-17 (NLT)
7. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. -Psalm 107:1 (NLT)
8. I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. -Psalm 9:1 (NLT)
9. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagles. -Psalm 103:1-5 (ESV)
10. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. -Colossians 2:7 (NLT)
God always does the unexpected as we follow Him. We prayed and planned for this series with you in mind. But God had us in mind. This week is one I will not forget and today as I share the power of God’s Word, my heart flows with even deeper gratitude. A gratitude for friendship – for sisterhood – and for His love that never let’s go.
Want to catch up on the Grateful Heart Mini-Series?
♥ Series introductions from Marva and me.
♥ Post #1: Gratitude – 3 Doors that a Grateful Heart will Open
♥ Practical Advice: 10 Ways to Cultivate Gratitude in Your Home
♥ Scriptural Resource: 10 Memorable Bible Verses for the Grateful Heart
♥ Scripture, prayer, encouragement, and your free gift: Thanks in all Circumstances: Are You Sure, God?
Our Surrender to God Story
I am thrilled to be able to officially share my new book release with you! It’s Selah’s adoption story, but it’s more. It’s God’s story of showing us He never leaves. And it’s a story that shows exactly how surrendering changed everything for us. It was the breakthrough that helped us move forward and then opened the doors to God’s version of how the story should go. Through it, we learned so much about a grateful heart.
Want more information? The Surrendered Hearts website is HERE! You’ll find the Book Video Trailer and other goodies like sharable images, tweets, and a set of FREE Bonus Resources for the adoptive parent or for anyone needing a little extra encouragement in life!Get your absolutely FREE set of Bonus Resources for the adoptive parent or for anyone needing a little extra encouragement in life! #SurrenderedHeartsBook #adoption #NationalAdoptionMonth Click To Tweet
The Surrendered Hearts Bracelet
In conjunction with the book, I have partnered with Theresa of Tees Cherished Finds to create a Surrendered Hearts Bracelet! The message to Live Surrendered means that you are choosing to lay down your fears and live surrendered to the One who makes the impossible possible. When you choose to Live Surrendered, you are committing to following Jesus where He calls. You are choosing to let go of your way and take hold of His way. And when you purchase a bracelet for just $15 (look in the right margin), just as when you purchase the book, a portion of the proceeds will go to Lori’s chosen adoption ministries. Just click on the image below. It will take you to the Surrendered Hearts page where you can find out more and make your purchase!Check out the Surrendered Hearts Bracelet and make a statement to LIVE SURRENDERED! #SurrenderedHeartsBook #NationalAdoptionMonth Click To Tweet
Don’t Miss Out!
If you haven’t signed up yet to receive updates, you can do so right HERE (or fill out the form below). Subscribing will get you my occasional updates. It also gets you full access to my resource-filled Library of Hope! It has a ton of stuff in it to help you meet life’s challenges head-on with the best tool we have – the hope of Christ!