Mondays always seem to come quickly, but I must admit, these summer months of family time with the kiddos off from school and summer basketball in full swing have made them seem to arrive even more quickly! I have to admit, I too easily find myself feeling the stress of not getting much accomplished on my to-do list. I get anxious that my areas of ministry suffer because of the haphazard scheduling of our days.
But then I have to look myself in the eye, give myself a swift finger wagging, and say,
Because, whoa! God gave me these precious lives to Mother here on Earth. Lives I prayed for long before they came to me. Lives that are growing way too quickly! They are my priorities. They are my ministry.
And I can trust God to fill my gaps as I tend to the ministry of Motherhood.
I can stop stressing and getting anxious. I can actually step back and fully enjoy every single moment of time with them! So, this week, as I slide into #MomentsofHope on the tail end of a trip to a Las Vegas Basketball Tournament for my middle guy and the NBA Summer League Games for my older one, I share with you the hope we can find in parenting.
And speaking of hope in parenting, I wanted to share with you an organization called GEMS (Girls Everywhere Meeting the Savior). They sent me a couple of their magazines to review and I must tell you, if you have a daughter between the ages of 5 and 14, you should check them out! The magazines are a part of a bigger online organization that has great resources for you and your daughter.
Sparkle is the magazine for younger girls and Shine Brightly is for the older ones. Each one is filled with stories, devotions, games, crafts, puzzles, and outreach opportunities that cause young readers to discover and embrace the role God plays in their lives and how they are uniquely created in Him. Along with the magazines, their website has podcasts, a blog, and many more resources. (Writing friends, they regularly accept submissions, as well!) There you also have the opportunity to join an established GEMS Girls group or start one in your area.
I love both the magazines and the website and plan to get a subscription for my daughter. My little one has developmental delays and isn’t able to comprehend all of that is within the pages. However, there is much she can enjoy and it gives us a little springboard for simple conversation about how much Christ loves her!
I just have to tell you, as well, that what is offered here is engaging and of high quality. I have high radar for “cheesy” Christian material. Honestly, there has been too much of it in the world of media and it makes me frustrated. If we want to reach the world with the message of Christ, we can’t present it in underfunded or poorly presented materials. There is nothing “cheesy” about Christ or a life lived following after Him, so we shouldn’t present it as such! With GEMS, this is not a concern. They do the message of Christ very well!
So guess what! I’d love to send you a free subscription of either Shine Brightly or Sparkle! Just leave a comment below mentioning the magazines and at the end of the week I will pick a winner!
As parenting and priorities were at the forefront of my mind this week, I couldn’t help but be drawn to the hope I found in last week’s post written by Michelle of Grammie Time and titled 10 Things Money Can’t Buy. Doesn’t that title simply speak of priorities?
This incredible lady inspires me and gives me hope! As a teacher, Mom, and Grandma, she gets it! Her wisdom is grounded in Christ. Her laughter and compassion is contagious. I promise you will be blessed by stopping by her place. And your priorities? Yup! They will be challenged! Oh, and please don’t forget to share some hope by encouraging her when you visit! ♥ (update: Sadly, Grammie Time is no longer up and running)
And, just so you know …
I’m so glad you’re here. ♥
What I ask of you:
1. Share only one URL (to a blog post, not the actual blog) that resonates with the topic of HOPE. Anything that gives us hope for tomorrow. Hope for victory. The little things and the big. Anything that inspires us to lean into Jesus and let Him carry us through.
2. Important: If you don’t have a blog post or podcast that resonates with HOPE, join in other ways as you pray and encourage others with a comment or a prayer.
3. Leave a comment on the link just before yours. Would you love on them well? Encourage them in their efforts to share the hope of Jesus. If you have time, stop by more than one sweet writer’s little corner of the blog world!
4. Of course, I would love it if you would follow me via my blog and/or social media channels! Signing up for my blog gets you fun freebies and post updates, plus I get to know you a little better!
5. If this gives you hope, would you consider sharing it with others to give them hope, too?
6. Please either grab my button or link back to me to encourage new linkers.