When there is loss, there is grief. We often think grief is associated uniquely with death, however it is an emotional reaction or process we go through upon any major loss such as
standard of life
Once upon a time, I was a young woman who grieved deeply. I had a great big hole in my heart that I longed to fill. But you see, I didn’t know my Jesus well enough to know He called me wonderful. I didn’t know I was worthy of finding a husband with whom I could be equally yoked. I thought I had to save someone. I thought I had to prove my worth and that belief set me on a path to accepting mistreatment at the hands of those who professed to love me. I made poor choices and it caused me great loss and great amounts of grief.
But one day, God changed all that. He walked me through my loss and through my grief.
He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. –Psalm 40:2 NLT
And then it happened. In walked a young man who had his life together. Strong. Independent. Hard-working. Honest. One who didn’t need me. One who simply honored what he saw in me … the God he saw in me.
And 16 years ago last week, he married me.
As in any marriage, it hasn’t been perfect. We have had struggles and trials. Times where being nice was chosen – not felt.
We haven’t always done it right. God has shook His head on plenty of occasions.
But through it all, God has never left our side. He has guided us individually and as a couple. He has grown us. Grown our wisdom. Grown our patience. Grown our faith.
And grown our love.
He has made us better people. People who try our best to seek Him first in life.
This year we didn’t celebrate with a romantic night out. Instead, we celebrated by watching our boys play a weekend of basketball. You know what though? I wouldn’t even change it! Because those parts of our reality are what have made me fall more in love with him now than ever before.
As we step into each chapter of life and together we get to participate in this amazing story God is building with and through us, I am blown away. I get to see the boy who has become a strong and supportive Father. A man who rushes from one end of town to the other so he doesn’t miss his son’s game. A man who finds it within the depths of his character to speak a strong word when necessary, an encouraging one when confidence has been struck, or a lighthearted one when the mood needs lifting.
And that’s my Moment of Hope this week. The 16 years this man and I have spent together living life in the mountains and the valleys. Laughing,crying … and yes, even the yelling at times 😉
16 years I wouldn’t change for anything!
This week the posts shared through #MomentsofHope were once again, filled with so much hope. Hope that made my heart smile again and again. And again! God is in these words that have been preceded in prayer. He is reaching into lives to say that no matter what season of life you are in the midst of, He is right there with you. And there is HOPE! Always! I just cannot thank you enough for sharing, reading, and commenting here in this place of hope.
My featured post is by a dear blogging friend, Marva Smith from Sun Sparkle Shine. You see, her blog was started to bring beauty from the ashes of the loss of her father. Her grief was big and her heart aching. But she knew that if she allowed God the room to work within her grief He could bring beauty from it. And so she stepped into her gifting and began writing and blessing others through sharing joy and hope.
Last week marked the one year anniversary of the passing of her father and she wrote this post. I cannot even tell you how much I wanted to jump through this screen and hug her. Not only to comfort her, but to tell her that I just KNOW that her daddy would be so proud of what she has done in the midst of her grief. Would you stop by her place today and love on her? I know you’ll get a great big dash of hope while you are there!Soaking in hope at #MomentsofHope where @spreadtheshine is featured!Don't miss it!Come #linkup Click To Tweet
What I ask of you:
1. Share only one URL (to a blog post, not the actual blog) that resonates with the topic of HOPE. Anything that gives us hope for tomorrow. Hope for victory. The little things and the big. Anything that inspires us to lean into Jesus and let Him carry us through.
2. Important: If you don’t have a blog post or podcast that resonates with HOPE, join in other ways as you pray and encourage others with a comment or a prayer.
3. Leave a comment on the link just before yours. Would you love on them well? Encourage them in their efforts to share the hope of Jesus. If you have time, stop by more than one sweet writer’s little corner of the blog world!
4. Of course, I would love it if you would follow me via my blog and/or social media channels, but this is by no means mandatory! If you want updates to blog posts, some fun freebies, and reminders for the link-up, make sure to subscribe!
5. If this gives you hope, would you consider sharing it with others to give them hope, too?
6. Please either grab my button or link back to me to encourage new linkers.