“I need help.”
3 very hard words to say.
Somehow they feel weak. As if we are admitting to the fact that we can’t handle what life has dished out. Or that we’ve jumped into too much, made poor decisions, did it the wrong way, or made a mistake.
3 words that trigger those feelings of “not enough” and a reminder that somehow I’m not worthy.
But it’s a lie. A lie that sends into loneliness, overwhelm, and desperation. Into a vicious cycle of
striving → falling short → shame → striving more → falling short → more shame
Truth says something different about vulnerability:
We were never created to do life without help, so don’t be afraid to ask.
Asking for help gives another the opportunity to do what they are uniquely gifted and purposed to do.
We can’t straighten our path until we admit we’ve made a wrong turn.
Our worth is not in how much we can do, but in the fact that we were created with a love that does more than we can ever imagine.
Our works are not equal to our worthiness.
Striving for perfection is competing for a trait only God characterizes.
It takes admitting we don’t have it all together before God’s strength can rise through our weaknesses.
If we are too proud to ask for prayer, we are too proud to receive His miracles.
Living behind hidden walls keeps us enchained, but choosing vulnerability frees us to live life fully.
So, friends, hold onto truth. Hold onto your worth and be vulnerable because you … yes, you … were created by the One who loves bigger and better than anything you can ever imagine!Check out these 9 things vulnerability says about your worth! #inspirationalimages… Click To Tweet
I hope you enjoy these images! Feel free to print or digitally share with others via social media!
Featured Moment of Hope
This week, my friend, Kia Stephens of The Father Swap, wrote a powerful piece on vulnerability. It spoke to the heart of #ChosenandWorthy because when we don’t know who we are or Whose we are, we are afraid to be vulnerable. Kia convicted me again and again as she shared hope in this post titled, 3 Ways Being Vulnerable May Change Your Life.
“Don’t show your weakness.
Never let them see you sweat.
Have no fear.
Quite honestly, I tried, but my trying wasn’t enough to maintain a facade of perfection. And as I stood in the center of life, wobbling on a tightrope, and somehow managing to keep all my balls in the air I realized I couldn’t do it anymore.
“We need to get some counseling,” I remember saying to my husband. Even as I said it fear gnawed at me. “Kia, if you get counseling what will people think?” I thought but never said out loud.
But there is something about desperation that nullifies the fear of people’s opinions. I didn’t care anymore about perfection or the appearance of it. I needed help, so I asked for it.” -Kia Stephens
Thanks, Kia, for sharing this powerful word with us here at #MomentsofHope! Feel free to grab your “Happily Featured Here” button found here! And friends, when you stop by Kia’s place to be encouraged, don’t forget to share some love and hope with her in the comments!
In case this is your first visit here, but want more of #ChosenandWorthy, check out the posts below!
****** I am taking 2 weeks off from the #MomentsofHope Link-Up. It’s spring break here and I need to spend some time soaking up my own moments of hope with the fam! I’ll see you back here on Monday, March 27th! (#ChosenandWorthy will continue through my vacation, though, so I’ll see you there instead! ♥)
NEW NEW NEW – Featured here at #MomentsofHope?Grab the new Happily Featured button! Just stop by the #MomentsofHope page in the menu above or here to find it!
Thank you so much for joining me each week in this place where we share and soak HOPE! Your hearts are a gift to me.♥
What I ask of you:
1. Share up to 2 URLs (to a blog post, not the actual blog) that resonates with the topic of HOPE. Anything that gives us hope for tomorrow. Hope for victory. The little things and the big. Anything that inspires us to lean into Jesus and let Him carry us through.
2. Important: If you don’t have a blog post or podcast that resonates with HOPE, join in other ways as you pray and encourage others with a comment or a prayer.
3. Please leave a comment on the link just before each of your links. Would you love them well? Encourage them in their efforts to share the hope of Jesus. If you have time, stop by more than one sweet writer’s little corner of the blog world!
4. Of course, I would love it if you would follow me via my blog and/or social media channels! Signing up to join the Searching for Moments Community gets you access to the Library of Hope along with post updates and freebies!
5. If this gives you hope, would you consider sharing it with others to give them hope, too?
6. Please either grab the #MomentsofHope button found here or link back to me to encourage new linkers.