Does the end of the school year have you frazzled?
There’s the choir concert, award ceremony, sports banquet, classroom party, and some kind of graduation or another. There’s also gifts for teachers and thank you’s to all those who made a difference in your child’s year. But don’t forget to have your child well rested and prepared for finals and exams, by the way! In the meantime, be prepared with cards and gifts for the graduations of friends and family. And you may as well keep in mind the upcoming June weddings and summer vacations rapidly approaching!
It’s a lot, isn’t it?
And some people seem like they do it SO WELL!
And then there’s me. My end-of-the-year chaos kind of looks like this.
Sometimes I feel like the other Moms do it without the chaos.
By the smiles I see on social media, I’m tempted to believe their homes are in order, their children are behaving beautifully, and they are never late to any of said end-of-the-school-year events!
I’m tempted, for sure …
But then I remember 5 things that gives this frazzled mom hope:
- Even if I stink at all the above and other Moms don’t, I’m still chosen and worthy. God says so.
- Other Moms have the chaos, too. No one really shares mounds of laundry, piles of paper, or any of the other messes in our lives (unless you are making a point like I am right now!). Some things just aren’t social media worthy. It doesn’t mean they are fake. It’s just that for the most part, we want to share what’s going right in our lives and not necessarily what is going wrong. We want to make others smile, not feel bad for us. So, we share the fun, the good, and the happy.
- I’m uniquely me with equally unique children. God matched us together and nothing He does is by mistake. Our unique brand of chaos is ours to cherish and as long as our lives align with His Word, we are doing just fine.
- If my exhaustion is too big, I need to determine my priorities and do some necessary pruning. What can go and what must stay?
- Comparing myself to others only leads to a broken identity. There is no victory in comparison.
So, sweet Mama friends, if the tide is high and the chaos big right now, hold on tight to truth. You’ve got this and God’s got you! Be you. Do only what you are uniquely designed to do. Love your beautiful chaos with a heart wide open! And just shut the door on that laundry pile for now 🙂Love your uniquely beautiful chaos with heart wide open! #frazzledmom #hope #chosenandworthy Click To Tweet
#MomentsofHope Featured Posts
This week I just couldn’t choose! I had to pick two of the hope-giving Mother’s Day posts from last week! First, I want to share with you Did God Choose the Wrong Mom by Maree Dee of Embracing the Unexpected. Her words definitely align with what I was sharing above. When our identity falters, we begin to question our adequacy. As Moms, the trials are many and if we aren’t tightly embracing our worth in Christ, we will have many doubts. And sometimes, even when our identity IS firmly rooted in Christ the storms of parenting will rattle our ability to claim that truth! Her post is a timely reminder of that very truth!
“Oh, of course, I make mistakes and come up short over and over again. I am not perfect nor are my kids, but God knew what he was doing when he knit us together long before any of us were born.”
You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.
Psalm 139: 15-16
Next, I want to share a post that reminds us of why we do all we do for our children. The beautiful chaos. The frazzled mom journey. All of it. Shannon Geurin is a dear friend and fierce Mama! Her post will encourage that frazzled Mama heart of yours!
“Keep your chin up, Momma. A lot of the things we do will never be seen. The tears wept, the hours worried, the deeds sewn. No one will ever see how all of these things impact our hearts. No one sees except God, and He’s all that really matters.
The things you do matter. Everything your little one does to drain you will be given back a thousandfold.”
End of the School Year making you frazzled? There's HOPE! #MomentsofHope #linkup #hope #identity Click To Tweet
Find all the #ChosenandWorthy posts right HERE !
Thank you for joining me here each week to share the hope given to us through Christ. Whether your words come from a story that points to the full healing you have experienced in Christ, or its a story of the journey along the road to the healing you know He is working in you, it is giving hope to others. Your words matter and I am honored to have you share them here in this space!
Featured here at #MomentsofHope?Grab the new Happily Featured button! Just stop by the #MomentsofHope page in the menu above or here to find it!
Thank you so much for joining me each week in this place where we share and soak HOPE! Your hearts are a gift to me.♥
What I ask of you:
- Share up to 2 URLs (to a blog post, not the actual blog) that resonates with the topic of HOPE. Anything that gives us hope for tomorrow. Hope for victory. The little things and the big. Anything that inspires us to lean into Jesus and let Him carry us through.
Important: If you don’t have a blog post or podcast that resonates with HOPE, join in other ways as you pray and encourage others with a comment or a prayer.
*Please leave a comment on the link just before each of your links. Would you love them well? Encourage them in their efforts to share the hope of Jesus. If you have time, stop by more than one sweet writer’s little corner of the blog world!
Of course, I would love it if you would follow me via my blog and/or social media channels! Signing up to join the Searching for Moments Community gets you access to all of the resources available in the Library of Hope along with post updates and the inside scoop! (Linking up here does give me access to your email which I will utilize only to alert you to details regarding the link-up such as vacations or technical issues!)
Please either grab the #MomentsofHope button found here or link back to me to encourage new linkers.
Finally, find me linking up with these encouraging places!