The broken is woven in and out of the fabric of our lives. Broken dreams, broken hearts, broken marriages, broken families, and broken lives. It’s unavoidable and whether it is in the midst of our own lives or in the midst of the lives of those around us, it threatens our hope.
Unless we know the Master Potter.
The One who takes the broken, the shattered, the marred, and the imperfect into His hands. Then with care and master workmanship, reshapes it into a new something beautiful.
So I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was working at his wheel. And the vessel he was making of clay was spoiled in the potter’s hand, and he reworked it into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to do.
Then the word of the Lord came to me: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done? declares the Lord. Behold, like the clay in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel. -Jeremiah 18:3-6
Even when everything falls apart, we can know that the broken and shattered can be given new life. New beauty. From our perspective within the depths of the brokenness, the new creation often isn’t visible. But our faith gives us the courage to believe in what we cannot yet see. It gives us courage to believe in the Master Potter and in His promises.
Friends, when you feel your hope begin to fade, turn to Him. He will never leave you as you are.
This week, as I read through each of the posts shared here through the #MomentsofHope Link-up, a line caught my attention.
“I know that life hurts sometimes, and even if you know the right way, it’s hard to fly a straight course if you are broken. It’s hard to get up when you are really down.”
Dorette, of Reporter of Hope, took my breath away with her story of the butterfly with a broken wing. When brokenness surrounds us, it’s hard to get up. Even when we know the right way. But she also reminds us that broken is not the end of the story. There is not a “too broken” for God. He makes all things new.
If today you need a little extra dose of hope, I encourage you to stop by Dorette’s post and soak in Hope for the Broken. Her words point to the power of the God who loves you so deeply He will step with you into every dark and broken place.
If you like the hope of this community, join below or in the sidebar. You will not only be the first to get all updates, but you will also get free access to the Library of Hope which I have filled with printable images, lists, prayers, cards, and even my e-book (7 Truths You Need to Know About Betrayal)!
And now, friends, it is time for you to share some more hope with the world! I am praying that God has hand-picked hearts that will be encouraged through your words. I pray He uses your words to point boldly to the hope found only in Him! Thank you for sharing your words here. They matter and don’t ever forget it!
And, just so you know …
I’m so glad you’re here. ♥
What I ask of you:
1. Share only one URL (to a blog post, not the actual blog) that resonates with the topic of HOPE. Anything that gives us hope for tomorrow. Hope for victory. The little things and the big. Anything that inspires us to lean into Jesus and let Him carry us through.
2. Important: If you don’t have a blog post or podcast that resonates with HOPE, join in other ways as you pray and encourage others with a comment or a prayer.
3. Leave a comment on the link just before yours. Would you love on them well? Encourage them in their efforts to share the hope of Jesus. If you have time, stop by more than one sweet writer’s little corner of the blog world!
4. Of course, I would love it if you would follow me via my blog and/or social media channels! Signing up for my blog gets you fun freebies and post updates, plus I get to know you a little better!
5. If this gives you hope, would you consider sharing it with others to give them hope, too?
6. Please either grab the #MomentsofHope button found here or link back to me to encourage new linkers.