We have all suffered the emotional pain of betrayal and rejection at some point in our lives. Whether on a large or small scale, it causes deep emotional pain. It has the power to effect not only us, but those in our day-to-day lives, and those in the generations to come.
It has the power to divide, dismantle, and destroy …
But there is a way to take that power away. A way to not just endure, but to get over betrayal and rejection with victory. There is a way to come out stronger in spirit and in soul.There is a way to not only endure #betrayal and #rejection, but to walk away stronger in spirit and in soul #getoverbetrayal #hope #journal #hope #momentsofhope Click To Tweet
Over the next several weeks we will explore truths that enable us to get over betrayal and rejection. When we commit to living out these truths, we keep moving. We stop the enemy from holding us back and keeping us stuck. You see, the enemy is the author of all lies and he is happy wielding those lies to make us stop living with joy. To make us give up on our purpose and weigh us down with the chains of bitterness.Let's stop the enemy from holding us back and keeping us stuck. Let's live out these 7 truths to get over betrayal and rejection! #getoverbetrayal #hope #journal #hope #momentsofhope Click To Tweet
Now is a great time to take out your Journal & Growth Guide! (Haven’t gotten yours yet? Just go HERE!) This will help you see how it is set up and how it correlates with each post. I pray it leads deeper into God’s Word and gives you the tools you need to overcome the hurt you have experienced.
7 Truths That Will Enable You to Get Over Betrayal and Rejection
- The betrayal is in the hands of the betrayer. It is not ours to own and it does not place guilt on our shoulders. The enemy wants us to believe it must be our fault and that we deserved the betrayal, but this is the enemy’s favorite way to use his masterful lies.
… He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies. –John 8:44 (NLT)
- The betrayal is not our identity. When we are betrayed we can find ourselves harboring feelings of unworthiness. We hear the enemy whisper things like, “You are not worth being respected” and “You were a fool.” People, however, do not betray based upon the worth or level of awareness of those they betray. They choose to betray because of a brokenness deep inside themselves. An unredeemed sin in their hearts is acting out the betrayal.
Jesus answered, “It is the one to whom I will give this piece of bread when I have dipped it in the dish.” Then, dipping the piece of bread, he gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him. -John 13:26-27
- Life is not fair and injustice happens. We must unconditionally accept that fact. We cannot avoid it nor is it in our power to stop betrayal. It is only in our power to trust that God will walk us through betrayal.
When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned. -Romans 5:12 NLT
- Revenge will not fix the betrayal. It will only make our own brokenness greater. We may never be personally witness any type of justice, but our faith assures us that the Lord will take care of the matter.
Do not say, “I will repay evil”; Wait [expectantly] for the Lord, and He will rescue and save you. -Proverbs 20:22 (AMP)
- On the other side of this pain lies the opportunity to grow. Simply being able to look betrayal in the eye and say, “I will buy nolvadex in the usa grow from this”, is defeating the intent of the betrayer.
“When a woman gives birth, she has a hard time, there’s no getting around it. But when the baby is born, there is joy in the birth. This new life in the world wipes out memory of the pain. The sadness you have right now is similar to that pain, but the coming joy is also similar. When I see you again, you’ll be full of joy, and it will be a joy no one can rob from you. You’ll no longer be so full of questions. -John 16:21-23 MSG
I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back. -Philippians 3:12-14 MSG
- Betrayal and rejection is inevitable within the Church, but that does not mean betrayal is the church. Betrayal and rejection happen everywhere. The Church does not get a reprieve from that.
Then Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve disciples, went to the leading priests and asked, “How much will you pay me to betray Jesus to you?” And they gave him thirty pieces of silver. From that time on, Judas began looking for an opportunity to betray Jesus. -Matthew 26: 14-16 NLT
My hope is that this series will open our hearts to the brokenness and bitterness betrayal and rejection may have carried into our lives. With open hearts, our chances at recognizing and bravely tackling what is holding us back, increases drastically. And then we stop the cycle. We stop it from seeping into the lives of our children and our families.
Lord, thank You for Your wisdom. You knew the broken hearts we would suffer from the fallout of sin and you lovingly gave us the tools and truths in Your Word as a guide to face betrayal. We come before you and ask You to heal our hearts and set us free from any captivity. Set us free from the lies we believe and the bitterness that has planted itself in our hearts.
Lord, the enemy came to destroy us, but You have come to set us free so that we may have a rich and satisfying life (John 10:10). May each of us turn to You as our strength as we look betrayal in the eyes and defeat it and all the effects left in its wake. And Lord, would You please envelope each of us here in this battle in your love and assurance? Remind us we are made in Your image and that there is nothing more beautiful than that! In the Name above all names we pray … the name of Jesus. Amen.
I regularly link up with these encouraging sites.
Join Me for the Series!
When People Hurt You: Rising Above the Emotional Pain of Rejection and Betrayal is a series that looks into the Word of God as a guide to not just surviving, but rising victoriously over hurt. Each week I address a new aspect of rejection and betrayal that serves to keep us stuck in the pain rather than moving forward to where we want to be.
Also, I’ve created a Scripture Based Journal and Growth Guide that corresponds to each weekly devotional post giving you an opportunity to go deeper and make each lesson more meaningful.
This journal along with a set of printable Scripture Cards to give you hope is now in the Library of Hope! If you have already subscribed to our community, jump on over and grab your copy! If you haven’t subscribed, what are you waiting for? 🙂 Just use the form below for your access to the Library of Hope and this journal!
This Week’s Featured #MomentsofHope Writers
by Pam Blosser of Journey to Him
by Rachel Lee of Be Thee Inspired
by Tiffiney of Welcome Home Ministry
Please don’t forget to jump on over to these sites and leave some #MomentsofHope comment and sharing love! And Pam, Rachel, and Tiffiney, please feel free to grab the Happily Featured Here button below!
#MomentsofHope Thursday Link-UpJoin us for the #MomentsofHope Link-Up! Hope-filled encouragement every THURSDAY! #MomentsofHope #hope #christianencouragement #givemeJesus Click To Tweet
It’s all about hope, so let’s be accountable in doing these 3 things for each other …
- Share up to 2 blog post URLs resonating with the HOPE of Christ. Hope for tomorrow and hope for victory. The little things and the big that inspire us to lean into Jesus and let Him carry us through.
- #MomentsofHope is a place to give and get hope, so let’s encourage others in their efforts to share the hope of Jesus. Please stop by at least one other writer’s little corner of the blog world!
- Please either grab the #MomentsofHope button found HERE and in the sidebar, or link back to me.