Grumpiness has a way of seeping into our everyday moments, filling them with sludge and grime.
… and a totally bad attitude.
It’s so easy, isn’t it? Because somehow the stuff that isn’t right in our lives catches our eye so much quicker and stronger than the stuff that is right.
I feel the tired.
Regret the words.
Push into the overwhelm.
Notice what hit a little too deep.
See the mess.
Allow the judgement.
Put words into complaints.
And soon the wrong begins to drown out the right.
We see the sludge and become blind to what shines.
And with it our spirit fades, our smiles disappear, and drudgery fills our days.A bad attitude takes with it the light of our spirit and the joy within our hearts.… Click To Tweet
It’s the truth, friends. Gratitude is a weapon given to us in the fight to hold onto the joy that is ours in Christ.Gratitude is a weapon given to us in the fight to hold onto the joy that is ours in Christ… Click To Tweet
So, can we do this together? Can we rise up and fight for gratitude together?
Instead of seeing the things for which we don’t have time, can we focus on the things we do manage to fit in? And when we fall short or fail yet once again, instead of sinking into a pit of self-doubt, can we valiantly hold onto the truth of all we did right?
Can we claim gratitude as a weapon and choose to make each moment count? See the good, say the encouragement, give the thanks, and take the extra step? Can we count our blessings before it’s too late?
And can we remember each moment truly is a gift?Remember each moment is a gift #wakeupgratitude #joy #gratitude #emailseries #joinus Click To Tweet
My friend, Marva of Sun Sparkle Shine, and I want us all walking in that victory! We realized we both needed to send the overwhelm, frustration, and grumpiness packing. The enemy has desperately been attempting to steal our joy. So what better way to fight than together?
That’s when the 5-Day Email Series titled Wake Up to Gratitude! came to life! A series to inspire you to start each day with a heart of gratitude. It includes thank you cards, a Gratitude Journal, Scripture graphics, and more. The series will run for only 5 days and be sent straight to your inbox from November 13-17. Just in time to prepare for the holidays! So, if you are ready, sign up HERE!
***When you sign up you also get full access to the resource-filled Library of Hope I’ve created to inspire, encourage, and equip you along the way to living a hope-filled life!
Just to jump start you on the road to gratitude, we have a great collection of resources just for you!
If, right this very moment, your spirit is a little down in the dumps and the world has lost any chance for a rosy colored filter, I challenge you to start reading any of the 10 articles I am including below! Friends, I promise you that before you get too far along, your spirit will make a subtle shift. Gratitude will begin to rise again. Because when we fill our minds and hearts with what is right, right can’t help but take control. So, sit back for just a moment. Read just one more thing before you run off into your day. And I pray, dear friend, for gratitude to rise, joy to flourish, and hope to grow. ♥
- Giving Thanks When You Have Nothing to Be Thankful For by Sue of Mama of Three Boys
- Fanning the Flame of Thankfulness by Valerie of Cord of 6
- How to Have Gratitude Without Faking It by Alice of Poema
- Cultivating a Heart of Thanksgiving to Restore the Broken by Esther of His Dearly Loved Daughter
- Thanksgiving Gratitude Pumpkin by Ashley of Faithful Little Hands
- How to Live a Life that Overflows with Thankfulness by Elizabeth of Joy Let Loose
- 5 of the Most Important Things I Learned About Gratitude by Deb of Counting My Blessings
- Learning to Be Thankful Even in Sadness by Finding Joy with Brina Lynn
- Giving Thanks in All Things by Natalia Drumm
- Thankful for the Miracle of Adoption by Lori Schumaker
#MomentsofHope Link-UpJoin us for the #MomentsofHope Link-Up! Share hope and be encouraged every Monday! #hope Click To Tweet
Last but not least, each week I’ll be visiting as many posts as possible, sharing them to my Moments of Hope Group Board on Pinterest as well as my other social media platforms when applicable, and choosing one post each week to feature.
Thank you for joining me here each week to share the hope given to us through Christ. Whether your words come from a story that points to the full healing you have experienced in Christ, or its a story of the journey along the road to the healing you know He is working in you, it is giving hope to others. Your words matter and it honors me to have you share them here in this space!
What I ask of you:
- Share up to 2 blog post URLs resonating with the topic of HOPE. That which gives us hope for tomorrow and hope for victory. The little things and the big that inspire us to lean into Jesus and let Him carry us through.
2.#MomentsofHope is a place to give and get hope, so let’s encourage others in their efforts to share the hope of Jesus. If you have time, stop by more than one sweet writer’s little corner of the blog world!
- Please either grab the #MomentsofHope button found here or link back to me. If you’ve been featured, grab your button here!