Is today one of those days when you need help? A day that’s been a difficult mom day? A day you need help to stand up against the whispered lies of the enemy … and help to guard your heart so it doesn’t fall apart? If so, this is for you.Is today a day you need help to stand up against the whispered lies of the enemy ... and help to guard your heart so it doesn't fall apart? If so, this is for you #hope #momentsofhope Click To Tweet
For When You Need to Guard Your Heart
Dear Overwhelmed Mama,
I don’t know what you are facing today, but I know parenting isn’t easy. I know you have to make so many hard decisions while still dealing with the day-to-day chaos of little people who need you—who need you because God gave them you and He gave you them. Not by chance, or by mistake. Rather, He purposefully created you for each other.God didn't give you your children by chance or mistake. Rather, He purposefully created you for each other. #hope #motherhood #overwhelmed Click To Tweet
Being Mom is so important—our number one ministry and calling in life, which is why the enemy wants to tear you down and make you believe it’s too much or that you simply aren’t doing enough.
I hear you on the days of trials. I’ve been there right in the chaos with you. The days that leave our sensitive souls falling prey to the whispers of the enemy. The kinds of whispers he loves to taunt moms with because he knows it cuts deep.It's on the most difficult days we tend to hear the whispered lies that tell us we are not enough. #hope #motherhood Click To Tweet
It’s the whispers that twist your stomach into knots as they say:
I am messing up—missing things—falling behind.
I am not capable—not smart—not wise.
Not loving—not patient…
I am not a good mom.
It’s the days when the battle is at every turn. The ones when you battle the outside world to protect and fight for your children and then turn around to face a battle with none other than the very child you were just protecting. As you look into their glaring pair of defiant little eyes, you wonder how this can even be real.
I remember one (of many!) of those days.
With the telephone glued to my ear for what felt like an eternity, I desperately tried working out an issue with our medical insurance. Then, I gathered up the kids and we headed out to an appointment. We were greeted by a front desk staff member who apparently didn’t want to be at work that morning.
As I waited in the lobby, my angry little daughter wasn’t holding anything back. Fear threatened to control her as the prospect of a needle and the stress of the situation triggered her prior trauma. She lashed out and garnered the stares of everyone in the lobby who knew nothing of the journey we had walked together.
Finally, with the blood draw completed, we saw the neurologist. Already exhausted, it took everything in me to wrap my mind around medical terms, directions, and a diagnosis I didn’t want to face for our girl.
I remember walking out while glancing at my watch. It was only noon and the tears already fell. Along with those tears fell the guard I needed to protect myself. And predictably, the whispers filed into my mind one by one—some ten by ten.
Guard your heart more than anything else, because the source of your life flows from it. -Proverbs 4:23 GW
I could have gotten stuck there. Easily. I’ve done it before—I’ve been known to get stuck in many a yucky place.
But thankfully, that day I leaned into the One who would always guard my heart. His whisper stood out above the others. Maybe it was the years of getting stuck that trained my ears to listen for the truth. To listen to Jesus.
He reminded me that …
- This is hard. Really hard. But His strength will get me through. And He is using every challenge and every hard day to carve out a very big plan for a very special little child.
- I am a real mom with a real God who fills all the gaps. He is I AM (and, buy tamoxifen in uk thankfully, I am NOT!)
- No matter what the enemy dishes out, God uses it for good!
- Even when my heart is not feeling the “gushy” kind of love toward one of my children, God’s love is firmly planted in my heart. It is the “purposeful commitment to sacrificial action for another.” It is committed which means it will never give up.
- Just as Moses felt inadequate and asked God to choose someone else for the job (Exodus 4:10-13), I, too may feel inadequate. But, “God doesn’t call the qualified. He qualifies the called.”
- My God is for me and with me in every battle I must fight.
- Sometimes a good nap is great medicine!
Sweet mom, your stinky days of needing to guard your heart are not over.
There’s more on the horizon and the enemy will taunt you with lies. However, those lies are only that. Jesus tells us the truth in His Word and with His Word we can trade those lies for truth.Jesus tells us the truth in His Word and with His Word we can trade the lies of the enemy for truth. #motherhood #guardyourheart #hope Click To Tweet
We are real moms and parenting is hard. Really hard. But we have been called by a great big God to do this hard thing and we can do it with Him in us.
He keeps our hope burning bright.
Even on the stinky days.
Have You Read Our Story of Hope?
Don’t Miss Out!
Featured Moments of Hope Writer
Before I go, please try to visit Diane and those that link up below. They would so appreciate some #MomentsofHope comment and sharing love! Diane, please feel free to grab the Happily Featured Here button below or here! Want a list of other link-ups? These are the places I hang out!
#MomentsofHope Thursday Link-Up
It’s all about hope, so let’s be accountable in doing these 3 things for each other:
- First, share up to 2 blog post URLs resonating with the HOPE of Christ. The little things and the big that inspire us to lean into Jesus and let Him carry us through.
- #MomentsofHope is a place to give and get hope, so let’s encourage others in their efforts to share the hope of Jesus. Please don’t link and run! Instead, take a moment to encourage another!
- Please grab the #MomentsofHope button found HERE, or link back to me.