I remember when I met Jesus in a different way. A way that opened my eyes to the mystery of His all-encompassing love. It was when I began learning the hurt inflicted by others couldn’t measure up to the love and healing offered by Christ.The hurt inflicted by others doesn't measure up to the love and healing offered by Christ. Connect to the ultimate Love and #takethequiz #identityfactor #reconnectingrelationships #hope Click To Tweet
In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ… -Ephesians 3:4
It was also when I began loving others fully because connecting to the ultimate Love empowers us to love others well. And it is key to all successful relationships.Connecting to the ultimate Love is key to all truly successful relationships #takethequiz #identityfactor #reconnectingrelationships #hope #Godslove Click To Tweet
Let me explain …
The world is an angry place. It’s filled with pain, hurt, and rejection. Friends, it’s filled with sin. I wish I could tell you there is a way to walk this life unscathed, but I can’t. We can’t do it for ourselves and we can’t do it for our loved ones.
But what we can do is give the ugliness of this world its proper value and place it far below the power and truth of God.
In order to do this, we must know God. Not just know about Him, but know Him. Then we can know ourselves as His. As vessels of Christ who live in His reflection rather than in the reflection of an unsteady world.When we are authentically connected to God we inherit a holy confidence. It’s a confidence that enables us to face the brokenness of the world with courage. #takethequiz #ultimatelove #successfulrelationships #hope #linkup Click To Tweet
When we are authentically connected to God we inherit a holy confidence. It’s a confidence that enables us to face the brokenness of the world with courage. A courage that is necessary if we want to have authentic relationships.
If we want to live with purpose.
With depth of character.
And worth of self.
And that is what we can share with the world. That is what we bring to our relationships. We bring authentic connections.
The depth of our connection with God determines the depth to which we can authentically connect with others.The depth of our connection with God determines the depth to which we can authentically connect with others. #Godslove #successfulrelationships #hope #linkup #takethequiz Click To Tweet
7 Reasons Why Connecting to the Ultimate Love Helps Us Have Successful Relationships
- When God’s love defines us we do not allow fear to control our relationships. His love leaves us free to face each new opportunity head-on. We comfortably set appropriate boundaries, without building unhealthy walls barring relationship.
- God’s love enables us to extend forgiveness far beyond what the world tells us is possible. That forgiveness sets bitterness free and ignites hope.
- When pride is not involved and irritation doesn’t live near the surface, taking offense to minor or non-relationship-impacting incidences becomes less tempting.
- Living with holy confidence gives us the courage to communicate truth in love. Without judgment and only with the other’s best interest in mind, we effectively speak.
- Rejoicing without jealousy alongside a loved one stems from a heart filled with God’s love. Comparison no longer holds its power over us.
- Without expecting a return, we sacrifice for another. Whether it’s risking hurt feelings or not, successful relationships need encouragement and a willingness to sacrifice.
- Successful relationships take commitment. When we are connected to the ultimate Love, staying is part of who we are. Instead of running out the door at the first disagreement or disappointment, we tap into the grace God has placed in our hearts. We find the courage and we work through the problems with our loved one.
Friends, these 7 reasons are only the very beginning. God’s love equips us in innumerable ways to have successful relationships. How about you? Is this a self-check time? Do you know Him. Have you embraced His love for you? Are you connected? What are other ways you see God’s love equipping us to have successful relationships?
Remember that you are never stuck. We are always given choices. The choices may not be as big and life-changing as we would like. However, little steps lead to big things. So, if today you are not where you want to be. If your relationship with Jesus isn’t where it needs to be and your relationships with others are hurting because of it. Don’t settle for stuck. Believe in your next right step.
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. -Ephesians 3:16-19
Next Step Challenge:
I have created an interactive 5-minute quiz that will tell you how well you see yourself as a reflection of Christ versus a reflection of an ever-changing and often angry world. What is your Identity Factor (IF) and how does it effect all of your relationships? Do you long for more than the world’s reflection?
I also challenge you to subscribe to our community so that you can receive member-only access to the Library of Hope. That’s where I house all the printable resources to encourage and equip you to face the challenges of life with the hope of Christ. Just sign-up below. It’s free and easy!
It’s a New Series!
In a time when communication is at our fingertips 24/7, we are feeling more disconnected than ever before. Managing the world of social media and the fast pace with which our world moves is complicated. That’s why it’s even more important to be firmly rooted in the love of Christ. It’s our only hope for successful relationships in all aspects of our lives.
#MomentsofHope Link-UpJoin us for the #MomentsofHope Link-Up! Hope-filled encouragement every Thursday! #MomentsofHope #hope #christianencouragement #givemeJesus Click To Tweet
Welcome to the all-new THURSDAY #MomentsofHope Link-Up!
Although I loved starting Mondays with a dose of hope, it wasn’t manageable for me in this busy season of life where weekends are packed from end to end. Thursday has always been my second post day of the week, so now it will be my only. I realized that in order to follow God’s call to speak more often and write the book that has long been in the works, I needed to cut back to only one post for now. I hope you will join me there for the same kind of hope-filled encouragement you have always found in this place. ♥
What I ask of you:
- Share up to 2 blog post URLs resonating with the topic of HOPE. That which gives us hope for tomorrow and hope for victory. The little things and the big that inspire us to lean into Jesus and let Him carry us through.
- #MomentsofHope is a place to give and get hope, so let’s encourage others in their efforts to share the hope of Jesus. If you have time, stop by more than one sweet writer’s little corner of the blog world!
- Please either grab the NEW #MomentsofHope button found here and in the sidebar, or link back to me. If you’ve been featured, grab your button here!